BENEFITS OF USING EMULSIFIER, SOLUBILISERS AND WAXES
Some may find emulsifiers, solubilisers and waxes on the list of ingredients at the back of their personal care products. However, it is quite a dilemma to know what benefits they bring. In that case, you can read this section to understand more about these powerful ingredients:
- Cetyl alcohol: It is one of the natural emulsifiers derived from vegetables. Cetyl alcohol also acts as an emollient and a product thickener, making it useful in an array of skin and haircare applications. Products that use cetyl alcohol: Hair masks, lotions, conditioners, facial cleansers, and more.
- Cetyl stearyl alcohol:Aside from other vegetable-derived emulsifiers and unlike the usual kinds of alcohol, cetyl stearyl alcohol helps moisturise and enhances the skin’s texture. It also provides foam stability. Products that use cetyl stearyl alcohol: Cleansing balms, lotions, hair styling creams, moisturisers, and more.
- Emulsifying wax: It is a type of cosmetic wax that blends oil with water and gives a creamy texture to the final product. Emulsifying waxes moisturise and improve the appearance of the skin without leaving any greasiness behind. Products that use emulsifying wax: Face masks, cleansing balms, lotions, face creams, and more.
- Polawax emulsifying wax: Polawax, just like other emulsifiers in this list, is an excellent ingredient in cosmetics that blend oil and water. It performs well as a thickener and stabiliser. Products that use Polawax: Sugar scrubs, foot creams, hand lotions, facial cleansers, and more.
- Stearic acid: It serves as an emulsifier, lubricant, and emollient that can help keep products from separating. You can find stearic acid in skincare, haircare, and other personal care applications. Products that use stearic acid: Moisturisers, shaving soaps, body cleansers, sunblock creams, and more.
- Polysorbate 20: It is the final component added to water-based cosmetic formulations. Polysorbate 20 ensures that essential oils and fragrance oils remain mixed with the base. It is an excellent addition to cosmetic formulations due to its soothing and non-irritating nature. Products that use polysorbate 20: Shower oils, toners, face mists, micellar waters, and more.
- Polysorbate 80: This solubiliser is used in cosmetics as an emulsifier to blend oil and water just like polysorbate 20. Products that use polysorbate 80: Filler creams, tanning oils, primers, eye makeup removers, and more.
Note the difference between polysorbate 20 and polysorbate 80: Two of our products, Polysorbate 20 and Polysorbate 80, are both emulsifiers. The difference between the two is that Polysorbate 20 is used to emulsify fragrances and essential oils in water, while Polysorbate 80 is used to emulsify thicker, heavier oils such as carrier oils, in water. Which polysorbate you use depends on the oil it is being combined with.
- Beeswax: This wax helps prevent separation in the oil phase of the formulation and provides additional structure to the final product. Beeswax contains several qualities that moisturise and soothe damaged skin or hair. Products that use beeswax: Hand creams, heel balms, ointments, lip balms, and more.
- Candelilla wax: It is one of the splendid waxes that acts as a thickening agent and emollient for product formulations. As a vegan alternative to beeswax, Candelilla wax moisturises the skin, making it excellent for skincare products. Products that use candelilla wax: Lipsticks, lip sleeping masks, eyebrow pencils, and more.
- Carnauba wax:It possesses emollient characteristics similar to plant waxes. Carnauba wax, also a vegan alternative, has hypoallergenic capabilities utilised in skincare lines such as foundations. It gives the products a glossy finish. Products that use carnauba wax: SPF sticks, Lipsticks, mascaras, eyelash primers, and more.
- Lanolin anhydrous: Its structure is similar to waxes, and it functions as an emollient, emulsifier, surfactant, and anti-static ingredient in haircare, skincare and other applications. Products that use lanolin anhydrous: Lip mask, lip cream, salve, moisturising balm, hair conditioner, and more.
- Paraffin wax: Like other related waxes, it has amazing emollient power, making it ideal for moisturisers. Paraffin wax helps the skin look more supple, younger and velvety. It also helps remove dead skin cells. Products that use paraffin wax: Solid perfumes, candles, lotions, lipsticks, and more.
OTHER INGREDIENTS THAT GO WELL WITH EMULSIFIERS, SOLUBILISERS AND WAXES
You can include these natural ingredients into your cart when buying emulsifiers, solubilisers and waxes:
- White kaolin clay
- French green clay
- Coconut oil
- Castor oil
- Jojoba oil
- Hemp seed oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Shea butter
- Pink mica
- Vitamin E
- Citric acid
- Vegetable glycerine
- Xanthan gum
BUY EMULSIFIERS, SOLUBILISERS AND WAXES ONLINE IN AUSTRALIA
N-Essentials stocks a range of emulsifiers, solubilisers and waxes for purchase online. Choose from a range of products including Beeswax, Emulsifying Wax, Polawax, Polysorbate 20, and Polysorbate 80. Explore our range of emulsifiers, solubilisers and waxes and place your order today. We ship across Australia and throughout the world so buy now!