If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us at +61 3 9077 7796 or for more information about the National Privacy Act, please visit http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In order to use the N-essentials website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible.
All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support and accounts, including email, phone and/or SMS.
Any information collected by N-essentials is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, SMS, email, mail, fax or directly through our website. By supplying this information to us, you consent to us storing such personal information through our website on databases that may be physically located overseas.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
1. Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
2. Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
3. Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
4. Account Information: If you open an account, we will collect your username and password and other information necessary to open and access your account.
5. Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service via the telephone, SMS, email, mail, survey responses, or directly through our website and social media.
6. Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored at N-essentials.
7. Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so. Opt-in data and consent for text messaging will not be shared with any third parties except for messaging partners, for the purpose of enabling and operating our text messaging program.
We use this data to:
1. provide N-essentials services and customer support
2. collect fees and troubleshoot problems
3. prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
4. customise, measure, and improve our website and services
5. deliver targeted marketing to you
6. contact you by email, phone and/or SMS about your account or our services including marketing our services to you
7. send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Any details collected from N-essentials customers are required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
All other data collected from you may be stored through our website on databases that may be physically located overseas.
We follow generally-accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION COLLECTED
If your personally-identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by logging into your account and select the relevant sub-sections in “My Account”.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
OPTING-OUT OF RECEIVING TARGETED ADS
We recognise how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
1. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
2. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies by using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from NAI approved member companies.
3. Our Advertisers comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that they may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
4. They also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that they may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
5. They also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
6. Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
7. You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally-identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, phone and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fulfil your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
N-essentials uses personally-identifiable information for essential communications, such as emails, SMS, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional offers via emails and/or SMS. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at email@example.com or by updating your account subscription.
N-essentials may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. This excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
These third parties are prohibited from using your personally-identifiable information for any other purpose.
N-essentials does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally-identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Last updated: 19 June 2023