Nothing can be more relishing than having a pampering massage session at the end of the day. Moreover, choosing the finest combination of essential ingredients could unlock the most rewarding benefits of a massage treatment. This is because a good quality massage oil blend could make all the difference for someone’s rest day — making the skin rejuvenated, refreshed, and glowing. Keep reading our guide to know more about how to choose the perfect massage oil and what are its corresponding suitable blends.
WHAT ARE MASSAGE OILS?
Massage oils are blends of carrier oils and essential oils customised into various formulations. For established massage spas, there are several blends meant for different purposes. As for homemade massage oils, one can actually make a massage oil blend according to one’s personal and skincare needs. This is because every oil is unique with its chemical and physical properties. At the same time, each of our skin is unparalleled and reacts differently. Hence, the level of need is also distinctive. This alone brings about endless possibilities for blended massage oils.
PURPOSE OF MAKING MASSAGE OIL BLENDS
There are several purposes for making massage oil blends. For one, it helps the therapist better manage the massage — giving it a smooth glide whilst doing the activity. The workability then becomes easier on the skin surfaces. Furthermore, massage oils, as mentioned above, are made from nourishing oils. This means that as nourishing oils, skin-friendly nutrients penetrate deep into our skin once applied. It delivers a sufficient amount of nourishment needed to keep it glowing and healthy-looking.
CHARACTERISTICS TO LOOK FOR IN A PERFECT MASSAGE OIL
- Viscosity: massages, we have different types of preferences when it comes to pressure. On that note, the viscosity of the oil is a factor to consider. A lighter viscosity will allow more glide on the skin. On the other hand, a more viscous oil has more grip on the skin.
- Rate of absorption: Just as with viscosity, the rate of absorption is also a factor you need to consider. You can choose if whether you want your massage oil to be either absorbed into your skin quickly or just enough.
- Ingredients: Above all, the ingredients must be carefully considered if you aim to create the perfect massage oil. This is a crucial factor to consider — especially when you have allergies and skin concerns to address. But no need to fret; more about these ingredients will be discussed below.
CARRIER OILS FOR THE BEST MASSAGE OIL BLENDS
In massage oil blends, carrier oils used as the base oil of the recipe. Carrier oils are also needed when diluting essential oils. However, one advantage of carrier oils is that it can be used neat for topical application. Below are a few of the top choices of carrier oils used for massage oil blends:
CARRIER OILS TO MOISTURISE THE SKIN
- Olive carrier oil — Olive oil is considered one of the best massage oils to use for skin moisturisation and rejuvenation. This is because such nourishing oil is rich in monounsaturated fats and antioxidants which are relevant in keeping the skin vibrant and glowing. More than that, olive oil gets easily absorbed by the skin with its lightweight consistency. It is indeed a natural moisturiser, especially for dry skin.
- Sweet Almond carrier oil — Other than olive oil, almond oil is also a good skin moisturiser. It can revitalise the whole skin if it is looking dull and dehydrated. Additionally, it can also even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
CARRIER OILS FOR GLOWING SKIN
- Avocado carrier oil — With regular application, avocado oil can give you glowing skin. It contains a sufficient amount of nutrients to maintain the skin in its admirable state. Moreover, it will protect the skin against harmful sun rays. These two functions are enough to revive and keep healthy-looking skin.
- Coconut oil RBD or Fractionated Coconut oil — There is a difference between the RBD and fractionated type of coconut oil. Nevertheless, both have the necessary skin-friendly effects that can bring back the glow of the skin. It contains nourishing fatty acids that assist in hydrating the skin. It can also lighten up dark patches that are very visible. This oil best suits those who have normal and dry skin.
Read on these articles below that go into further details of the following specific carrier oils:
- Avocado Carrier Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Macadamia Carrier Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Rice Bran Carrier Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Rosehip Carrier Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Grapeseed Carrier Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Argan Carrier Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR THE BEST MASSAGE OIL BLENDS
A single use of an essential oil intended only for massage oil can just be as powerful as any other blend. An added advantage here is that recipes are no longer needed. Dilution, however, is necessary. Nevertheless, others would still prefer to have massage oil blends for several reasons. One could be that combining different oils creates an excellent aroma with a festive twist. Either way, below is a list of essential oils that are suitable for massage oil blends:
- Peppermint essential oil — The aroma of peppermint oil for massage is particularly inviting. Not only is its aroma beneficial, but its nourishing properties are also advantageous for the skin. This oil is especially a stand during holiday seasons.
- Lavender essential oil — Lavender oil almost always makes it to the list as one of the crowd’s favourites when it comes to essential oil. This fragrant and nourishing oil has a sweet and mild aroma that is preferred by all.
- Geranium essential oil — Although a bit unpopular compared to lavender, geranium oil is also a sweet, floral oil that is good for a massage blend. It also has its unique nourishment to offer the skin.
- German Chamomile essential oil — The antioxidant properties of German chamomile oil makes it a good choice to pick for massage oil blends. With such properties, skin is prevented from signs of ageing such as wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, among others.
- Frankincense essential oil — Frankincense oil, as a massage oil, is favoured because of its woodsy scent. Just like the german chamomile oil, it also has antioxidant properties favourable for matured skin.
- Bergamot essential oil — Bergamot oil is fully packed with antioxidants that will keep the skin youthful-looking. Adding this nourishing oil as a massage oil will renew those skin that is looking dull, dry, and dehydrated.
- Grapefruit essential oil — Grapefruit oil is a good detoxifying oil with draining properties. This makes it a good massage oil for topical application. It also has antibacterial properties which makes it an effective cleanser for the skin.
- Ylang ylang essential oil — Ylang ylang oil has fundamental hydrating properties that help maintain well-nourished skin. When used as a massage oil, it replenishes the skin and keeps it healthy-looking. Moreover, ylang ylang oil is among the oils that has the most enchanting scent.
- Sandalwood essential oil — Sandalwood oil is desirable to have in massage oil, especially for those with dry skin. This is because the oil is an effective emollient that softens the skin easily.
- Cedarwood essential oil — Cedarwood oil is the oil to have if you need a boost for your skin, give it some lustre and glow. With this oil in a massage oil blend, skin complexion is rejuvenated.
- Lemongrass essential oil — Another alternative to grapefruit oil that has detoxifying and purifying properties is lemongrass oil. The oil can detoxify and remove impurities of the skin, making it clean and clear.
- Tea Tree essential oil — Tea tree oil is famous amongst those who have blemish-prone skin or those who are susceptible to acne breakouts. All thanks to its strong antibacterial properties, it offers sublime skin-clearing benefits.
- Clary Sage essential oil — Clary sage oil is another oil suitable for blemish-prone skin. It is an alternative to tea tree oil and lavender oil. All of these oils help prevent acne breakouts.
- Basil essential oil — Basil oil, other than being a kitchen staple, is beneficial to be added in massage oil blends. It contains most skin-friendly properties that can clear, clean, and generally protect the skin from harmful, external factors.
Read on these articles below that go into further details of the following specific essential oils:
- Citronella Essential Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Clove Essential Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Sandalwood Essential Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
- Cedarwood Essential Oil for Massage Therapy Treatment
RECOMMENDED DILUTION OF ESSENTIAL OILS FOR MASSAGE OIL BLENDS
For topical application, diluting an essential oil is required to prevent adverse reactions. Follow the general rule of keeping the concentrated level below 5%. Simultaneously, one could optimise the natural fragrance of the oil in every dilution. On that note, below is a brief guide in diluting your essential oils intended for massage:
2% Dilution for essential oils : The 2% dilution is suitable for the daily use of teens and adults. Add 5-6 drops of essential oil total for every 1 tablespoon of carrier oil. Or, add 10-12 drops of essential oil for 2 tablespoons, and so on.
1% Dilution for essential oils : The 1% dilution is the percentage suitable for application for children. It is also suitable for those with sensitive skin, pregnant women, and lactating women. For this dilution, add 2-3 drops of essential oil for every 1 tablespoon of carrier oil. Or, add 5-6 drops for 2 tablespoons, and so on.
DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS OF MASSAGE OIL BLENDS
- Foot massage — herbaceous and minty blends of massage oils are fantastic to use for a foot massage. This application mainly focuses on the toes and sole of the feet down to the heel. For a fun fact, our soles happen to be extremely absorbent of massage oils compared to other parts of our body.
- Back massage — Back massage therapy treatments are very common these days. It is among the favourites preferred by all. Other than enjoying our back to be pampered, the massage is rather convenient and doesn’t take too much of our time.
- Post-workout massage — Post-workout massage is a pleasant pampering session to have after every workout. Many would prefer to choose a mild aroma during these massages to tone down the intense activity that they just had.
- Neck and shoulder massage — This massage focuses on the back of the shoulder and neck, including the collarbone. It is a simple massage that one can have every day after work. As we know, daily work could mostly end up straining our necks, resulting in stiffness.
- Hair and scalp massage — Hair and scalp massage is an essential application if we want to keep our scalp clean and our hair plump and healthy-looking. This application doesn’t have to be grand. One can always gently massage their head with their preferred massage oil before every bath time.
- Full Body massage — Last, but never the least, full-body massage has always been the most favourable massage treatment by all. The reason behind this is that it covers all parts of the body. With that said, one can request to have a specific part of the body be attended more.
BOTTOM LINE: THE BEST OF A MASSAGE OIL
Achieving the perfect massage oil requires the finest combination of essential ingredients. There are only a few factors to consider to choose the right ingredients. However, taking these factors with careful consideration is the key to unlocking the best massage oil that is befitting for your skin. With the simple guide provided above, we hope you enjoy every step that you take as you scout for the perfect massage oil blend!
WHERE TO BUY MASSAGE OILS ONLINE IN BULK AT A WHOLESALE PRICE IN AUSTRALIA
Truly, it is more fun when you create your own massage oil befitting your skin type. So, what are you waiting for? Everything you will need for your massage oils is readily available here at N-essentials. Once you have picked your choice, add them to your cart today and make a purchase!
N-essentials’ is your trusted online supplier of premium quality pure and natural oils. Browse through more of our products at our online store page. Besides these nourishing and fragrant oils, we offer an extensive range of quality raw ingredients you will need for your homemade skincare crafts or business. All of which are available either in single purchases or bulk orders.
Got queries? Or do you wish to discuss bulk orders? Either way, our team will gladly accommodate you. Feel free to reach our team thru email at email@example.com.