Avocado looks like a very humble fruit that might not look like much. But don’t be fooled. The fruit itself, when eaten, is unique in taste and has an exceptional nutritional profile. Avocado oil, by extension, is a wonder oil that highly conditions the skin. It makes a good massage oil to use for a scrumptious and satisfying massage. Although a little under the radar, let us rediscover the beauty of avocado oil and know its different topical applications. We can be fairly certain; many would be amazed by its benefits and uses after this read.
WHAT IS AVOCADO OIL?
Avocado oil is a carrier oil pressed from the pulp of avocados, the fruit of Persea Americana. This oil is distinctive given that most oils are extracted from seed or nuts whilst it is obtained straight from the fruit itself.
N-essential’s avocado oil is unrefined and retains some of the fruit’s properties — mostly its flavour, nutritional properties, and colour. This is why the oil is left with a greenish hue. Its aroma is odourless. For its nutritional properties, avocado oil has a high concentration of monosaturated fat. It also has a strong antioxidant activity. We will learn more about its features and benefits below.
HOW HEALTHY IS AVOCADO OIL FOR SKIN COMPARED TO OTHER CARRIER OILS?
Most carrier oils are unique and unparalleled given that each of us also has different skin types as well. On that note, let us gauge the nutritional facts of avocado carrier oil in brief. The avocado oil contains about 12 percent saturated fat. This value is less compared to coconut oil (RBD) and soybean oil. However, it is more compared to grapeseed oil and walnut oil. Additionally, avocado oil has a similar nutritional profile to olive oil. Both are rich in monosaturated fats. These healthy fats are beneficial for the skin because it maintains the water level of the topmost layer of the skin.
BENEFITS OF AVOCADO CARRIER OIL: WHY USE IT?
Boost up the collagen production in our skin: Collagen is an important nutrient essential for our body. It is a protein that exhibits a protective function on the human skin. With avocado oil incorporated in a skincare routine, skin is rejuvenated into healthy-looking skin. This is because the healthy fats present in this nourishing oil boosts collagen production naturally.
Prevents our skin from external damage: This nourishing oil is abundantly endowed with antioxidants, including Vitamin E. Such antioxidants will provide a protective barrier for the skin. It will then shelter it from the possible damages caused by environmental harmful factors.
Prevents signs of ageing: Furthermore, these antioxidants assist in keeping our skin glowing and young-looking. Signs of ageing — such as wrinkles, sagging skin, and fine lines, among others — usually appear on the skin first. However, with the regular application of avocado carrier oil, these signs can be prevented.
Helps in maintaining hydration in our skin: The emollient and occlusive properties of this base oil is advantageous for our skin, particularly for those with dry skin. It functions by softening the skin whilst entrapping moisture onto the skin. It functions doubly by moisturising and nourishing the skin with much-needed nutrients such as potassium and lecithin, among others.
Removes dandruff and assists in scalp dryness: Avocado oil is advantageous for those with dry hair and flaking scalp. With the help of the moisturising properties of this nourishing oil, dandruff can be gradually removed over time and be prevented for those with a clear complexion. With these advantages, one can always achieve healthy-looking, vibrant and plump hair.
NATURAL OILS THAT BLEND WELL WITH AVOCADO OIL
Avocado oil, on its own, is already an ideal choice to use in a massage. However, some may not prefer its thicker texture. This is where other carrier oils come in. Additionally, one can always make use of avocado oil to blend in their preferred essential oils. With these combinations, one is sure to have a festive twist. Just pick your preferred oil that is suitable to blend with avocado oil. On that note, listed below are some of our recommended natural oils.
TOP 5 CARRIER OILS
Other factors that are considered when blending in another carrier oil are its aroma, benefits, and nutritional profile. With that said, the best carrier oils to blend with avocado oil are those that are lightweight. Some of these oils include the following:
- Jojoba carrier oil — Jojoba oil is a lightweight oil that is suitable for all skin types. It is considered a universal oil in topical applications and for good reason. This makes it a good fit to blend with an avocado carrier oil.
- Moroccan Argan carrier oil — If you have oily skin and wish to use an avocado carrier oil, Argan oil might be your best solution. It is suitable for those with oily skin because this nourishing oil can remove excess oil production in the skin. Additionally, it has antioxidants and unsaturated fatty acids that can remove damaged and dead skin cells. One caution, though, avoid using this oil if you have nut allergies.
- Apricot Kernel carrier oil — Apricot kernel oil is another lightweight oil with a very light fragrance that can be blended with an avocado carrier oil. It is fully packed with vitamins (A, C, and E) which are all good for the skin. These two oils, when blended together, make an effective lightweight moisturiser, face oil, and or body oil.
- Grapeseed carrier oil —Just like argan oil, grapeseed oil is also an excellent oil moderator. This makes it another good option to have for oily skin. This nourishing oil spreads out easily on the skin and would make a great DIY massage oil.
- Evening Primrose carrier oil — For dry and ageing skin types, evening primrose oil is the oil to be. This nourishing oil has several skin-friendly properties and intense moisturising ability that can enhance the texture of our skin. With dry and ageing skin types, the skin could be deficient in nutrients that would lead to rough and scaly skin. Combine both evening primrose oil with an avocado carrier oil to create a blend that will address the dryness and roughness of the skin.
TOP 5 ESSENTIAL OILS
- Peppermint essential oil — Peppermint oil, when diluted with an avocado carrier oil, makes a great body and foot scrub to massage the skin. This combination brings out the silkiness of the skin after every topical application.
- Lavender essential oil — Pairing both lavender oil and avocado carrier oil will make the mild floral aroma of the lavender stand out. More than its famous and alluring aroma, lavender oil has the nutritional profile that supports and improves the look of our skin.
- Sandalwood essential oil — Dilute sandalwood oil with an avocado carrier oil to create a mellow and mildly sweet synergised blend. Both natural oils have the moisturising abilities to nourish and bring back the glow to dull and dry skin.
- Ylang ylang essential oil — There is nothing quite like the aroma of ylang ylang essential oil. It has a captivating aroma that is lightly sweet and floral. This aroma will soften and be very mild once diluted with an avocado carrier oil. Furthermore, ylang ylang oil has anti-bacterial components. This means that it can be advantageous for those prone to acne breakouts since it acts as a good cleanser.
- Bergamot essential oil — If you are not a fan of floral scents, bergamot oil is a good alternative to dilute with an avocado carrier oil. Bergamot oil has a fresh and citrusy scent that also has anti-bacterial components. It can also help prevent acne breakouts.
TOP 5 APPLICATIONS OF AVOCADO OIL FOR MASSAGE
SUGAR FOOT SCRUB WITH AVOCADO OIL
With the moisturising properties of avocado oil, use and blend the oil with sugar as the main exfoliating ingredient that will remove dead cells. Other raw ingredients suitable for exfoliating are coarse pumice powder, and epsom salt, among others. These are all good additions to be integrated with avocado oil to be used as a foot scrub. For topical application, gently massage your blend into the sole of your foot. Include the toenails and the lower part of your legs. Once done, rinse the scrub away with lukewarm water. This will leave your skin feeling super soft.
AVOCADO OIL FOR HAIR MASK MASSAGE TREATMENT
With the benefits mentioned above of this nourishing oil for the hair, massaging avocado oil into the scalp is always a good part to add to your hair care routine. Regular application will reap results in the long run such as making your hair look shinier and plumper. In addition to this, the nourishing oil will keep your hair strands soft thereby avoiding tangles and snarls. For application, gently spread and rub the oil from the roots to the hair ends. Leave it soaked on your head for at least 20 minutes. You may opt to leave it for hours. Using a shower cap is also helpful as it will lock in the oil and penetrate through the scalp fast. Once done, rinse thoroughly with warm water and an all-natural shampoo.
AVOCADO OIL FOR A FULL BODY MASSAGE TREATMENT
The high-fat content of avocado oil makes it a good option to be used as a massage oil. Additionally, it is an advantage for a massage that the oil is almost odour-free and rich in texture. Most people would think that the only use of massage oil is to make it easier for a therapist to do the session. Although this is also true, avocado oil goes far beyond than just this purpose. Avocado oil, when used in a massage, can rejuvenate, hydrate, and penetrate deep down your skin.
AVOCADO OIL AS FACIAL CLEANSER
With avocado oil gently rubbed on the face, this nourishing oil acts effectively as a facial cleanser by removing dirt, grime, and other blemishes on the face. The antioxidants of the oil will also help out and offer a pampering feel once applied to the skin. For application, use a gentle cloth to pat on the face. Using a gentle cloth is imperative because the skin on our face is more sensitive compared to the other parts of our body. Use avocado oil and massage a small amount into the damp skin. Leave for a few minutes then rinse away.
USED AS A BATH MASSAGE OIL
As a bath oil, one can pamper the skin by adding a few tablespoons of avocado oil into the bath. Another option is adding a few drops of avocado oil into the shower gel. Either way, both options will still give the skin hydration and leave it feeling smooth. Avocado oil as a bath massage oil functions as an emollient. For skin that need intense hydration, this is the hydrating oil to use. However, always take a bath with caution as these oils make the surface slippery.
THE BOTTOM LINE: AVOCADO OIL FOR MASSAGE THERAPY TREATMENT
We know now that avocado oil is not only useful for culinary purposes. It is evident that the oil is very valuable in the beauty and cosmetic industry. For one, it serves as a good base oil for massage oil blends. Additionally, when combined with other essential oils, avocado oil generates a lot of magnificent concoctions. The possibilities of bespoke blends are just endless with this nourishing oil. With avocado oil included in your skincare routine, skin receives the much-needed nourishment and extra rejuvenation. Keep your skin smooth and hydrated using avocado oil.
WHERE TO BUY AVOCADO OIL ONLINE IN BULK AT A WHOLESALE PRICE IN AUSTRALIA?
Premium quality of avocado oil is readily available for you here at N-essentials.
Now you know all about its wonders, it is time to make a purchase. Nourish your skin today using N-essential’s avocado oil! Moreover, browse through our online store to find out more quality products you will need for your homemade skincare crafts or businesses. What’s more, purchasing online is now made easy. You can either buy in single purchases or bulk orders.
If you have queries about our products or wish to discuss bulk orders, feel free to get in touch with our team thru email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will gladly assist!