Packed with a lot of skin-friendly nourishments, rice bran oil is quickly on the rise as one of the dark horses in the beauty industry today. For centuries, this oil has been popular in Japan. It is the key ingredient in most of their skincare products, including the products used for massage therapy treatment. Interestingly, Japanese ladies monikered as “rice bran beauty” are highly complimented for their alluring beauty. This is undeniably all thanks to rice bran oil. Today, this nourishing oil is gaining popularity all over the world and for good reason. Let us uncover more about the wonder of this oil.
WHAT IS RICE BRAN CARRIER OIL?
Rice bran oil is extracted from the rice bran. Rice bran is the thin coating removed during the milling process. Bran, which is the outer layer of the rice kernel, has a very high oil content. It ranges between 15 to 20% depending on the variety of rice. It is also fully packed with minerals, vitamins, proteins, and essential oils.
NUTRIENTS PRESENT IN RICE BRAN OIL
Rice bran oil is the best source of tocotrienols for its abundance. These are antioxidants that are considered to be more potent than Vitamin E. This mild oil is suitable for dry/flaky, sensitive, delicate skin (e.g. babies), and mature skin where additional moisture is required. The oil effectively keeps the skin smooth.
Furthermore, the natural vitamin E and vitamin B combined in this oil is a powerhouse that firms and tightens the look of the skin. With this combination, skin is also deliberately maintained with hydration. Consequently, this leads to reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. With squalene, skin is kept looking younger and fresher.
BENEFITS OF RICE BRAN CARRIER OIL: WHY USE IT?
Nourishes the hair strands and scalp: Incorporating rice bran oil in hair care products can be beneficial for those having frizzy hair. With regular use, hair can be improved — making it look thicker and easily manageable.
Adds sun protection to your skincare products: When added to skincare products, rice bran oil adds some level of sun protection. Using a DIY product with this nourishing oil prevents your skin from possible skin damages which the harmful UV rays could inflict on your skin. Additionally, the nourishing properties of rice bran oil will act as a barrier and protect the skin from pollution.
Function as a makeup remover: The abundance of antioxidants present in the rice bran oil is very helpful to the skin as it gets rid of excessive makeup. This is very valuable if we want to maintain clean and clear skin thereby preventing possible breakouts. Moreover, the abundance of vitamin E in this oil will function effectively in penetrating the skin’s layers.
Prevents signs of anti-ageing for skin and hair: Furthermore, the same valuable antioxidants will keep the skin young-looking as it prevents the appearance of signs of ageing — wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, among others. In addition to this, it also prevents the appearance of early hair greying.
Prevents dark circles: Furthermore, using rice bran oil as a face oil will assist in preventing dark circles and puffy eyes.
RECIPES WITH RICE BRAN OIL FOR MASSAGE APPLICATIONS
Many applications of rice bran oil can be utilised for massage therapy treatment. Such will be enumerated below:
RICE BRAN OIL FOR A BODY MASSAGE OIL
You will need:
- 120 ml of Rice bran carrier oil
- 20 drops of Natural Vitamin E oil
- 20 drops of Patchouli essential oil
- 20 drops of Lavender essential oil
An estimated 60 drops of a preferred essential oil, or divided equally when there are more, is already a good blend to combine with 120ml Rice bran oil. This ratio is a good basis when creating a bespoke body massage oil. You can choose the essential oils of your liking. This pampering body massage treatment will leave your skin silky rather than greasy.
RICE BRAN OIL FOR A HAIR MASSAGE TREATMENT
You will need:
- 6 tbsp of Rice bran carrier oil
- 5 -10 drops of Coconut oil RBD
- 6 tbsp of Hemp seed carrier oil
- Your favourite conditioner
For application, regularly massage your hair using your favourite conditioner with rice bran oil that will keep your hair strands looking healthy. Simultaneously, this nourishing oil will prevent the appearance of grey hair which will eventually happen as we age.
RICE BRAN OIL FOR A DIY FOOT MASSAGE TREATMENT
You will need:
- 6 tbsp of Rice bran carrier oil
- 8 tbsp of Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate)
- 4 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- Pumice stones (optional)
This recipe makes enough for a single soak of foot massage treatment. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl of warm water. Simply soaking your feet in the water for 10 to 20 minutes will already make your feet soft. Consequently, this will make it easier to remove dead skin. The pumice stones will do the work for you and remove the dead skin by gently rubbing your feet against them.
RICE BRAN OIL FOR A DIY BODY SCRUB MASSAGE
You will need:
- 2 tbsp of Rice bran carrier oil
- 2 tbsp of Coconut oil RBD
- 1 tbsp of Rice malt syrup
- 5 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 1 tsp of Jojoba carrier oil
- ½ cup Brown sugar or White (granulated) sugar
- 1 tbsp of Natural Vitamin E oil (optional)
This recipe is good for one-time use only. For the procedure, follow these simple steps accordingly. Place the liquid ingredients in a heatproof bowl that is over a saucepan of boiling water. Wait and stir until all the liquid ingredients are fully combined. Then, remove the bowl from the pan and leave until cool to touch. Once cooled down, stir the blended liquid together with the sugar. After which, secure your finished product in a clean jar.
That is it. If you have the natural vitamin E, you can add that ingredient after the last step. Now, you have a DIY body scrub ready to use during your bath massage. For topical application, massage an ample amount of this scrub onto wet skin in a circular motion.
RICE BRAN OIL FOR A FACIAL OIL MASSAGE TREATMENT
You will need:
- 3 tbsp of Rice bran carrier oil
- 1 tsp of Lavender essential oil
- 1 tbsp of Rose floral water
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- A pinch of turmeric
In a bowl, simply blend in all the oils to form a bespoke oil concoction. Then, gradually add in honey and turmeric one by one. Keep stirring as you add the ingredients. Lastly, pour in the rose floral water. For this DIY recipe, discard after a couple of weeks to avoid rancidity.
This DIY facial oil can be regularly used every night. For topical application, simply massage your facial skin in a circular motion before going to sleep. You can also use a brush if it gets a bit sticky or messy. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. Then finally, rinse it off using cold water.
TOP 15 ESSENTIAL OILS THAT BLENDS WELL WITH RICE BRAN OIL
Other than being applied neat, rice bran carrier oil can also be very well blended with other nourishing oils to be used for massages. Such synergised blends will give the inherent benefits a boost because of the merging of oils. Check on the following essential oils below that will be good when paired with rice bran oil.
WOODSY SCENTED OILS
- Vetiver essential oil — Vetiver essential oil, when paired with rice bran oil, creates a concoction that clears out blemishes and prevents breakouts. When used as a massage oil, it has properties that will protect the skin from bacteria.
- Juniper Berry essential oil — This oil has strong antiseptic properties that will protect the skin against rashes, infections, or other external factors that will bring harm to the skin. For application, dilute a few drops of this essential oil with rice bran oil.
- Cypress essential oil — This oil is an effective deep pore cleanser because of its astringent properties. When diluted with rice bran oil, it will reduce the appearance of oil without drying out the skin.
- Cedarwood essential oil — As with its aromatic benefits when used in diffusers, cedarwood essential oil diluted with rice bran oil is a splendid pampering experience because of its aroma.
- Myrrh essential oil — Myrrh essential oil contains a very potent antioxidant that will help in preventing signs of ageing such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging lines, amongst others.
FRUITY AND FLORAL SCENTED OILS
- Neroli essential oil — Dilute neroli essential oil with rice bran oil to improve and rejuvenate the skin. When applied topically, this nourishing oil is capable of deeply moisturising the skin thereby keeping it supple and glowing.
- Blue Tansy essential oil — Blue tansy essential oil is loaded with skin-loving benefits that will synergise a blend when diluted with rice bran carrier oil. In today’s time of the beauty industry, any product with a blue tansy oil ingredient is considered a high-end product sold today.
- Clary Sage essential oil — Especially for hair care, clary sage essential oil is capable of keeping your hair deeply hydrated for days. Dilute this nourishing oil with rice bran oil and add a few drops into your favourite shampoo or condition to boost the formulation of your hair care product.
- Carrot Seed essential oil — Just like myrrh essential oil, the carrot seed essential oil is fully packed with antioxidant properties that makes it the perfect anti-ageing ingredient for those looking for a sweet, root-like and earthy scent.
- Grapefruit essential oil — For an effective, skin-cleansing oil with a sweet, fruity scent, grapefruit essential oil is the skincare oil for you. Dilute this nourishing oil with rice bran oil and add a few drops to your facial and body cleansers to boost its formulation.
SPICY SCENTED OILS
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil — Considered as “hot” oil, the cinnamon bark essential oil diluted with rice bran oil is just undeniably perfect for a massage therapy treatment. Not to mention, it has that peppery, spicy scent desirable for an aromatic experience.
- Black Pepper essential oil — Reminiscent to freshly ground peppercorns, dilute this skincare oil with rice bran oil that you can also use for massages. This blend is particularly also beneficial to mature skin as it is loaded with antioxidants that will prevent signs of ageing.
- Nutmeg essential oil — If you are looking for a warm, spicy aroma that cleanses and clarifies the skin during a massage, nutmeg essential oil is the oil for you. Dilute a few drops of this skincare oil with rice bran oil to create a synergised massage oil.
- Basil essential oil — Basil essential oil is characterised to have that crisp, spicy, and herbaceous aroma. Just as with cinnamon essential oil, when diluted with rice bran oil, it is considered one of the favourite oils to be used during massage therapy treatment.
- Oregano essential oil — Oregano essential oil is a natural purifier and defender of skin because of its properties. Along with the rice bran oil, using oregano in a massage oil will keep your skin protected from harmful factors that eventually accumulate in your skin when neglected.
THE FINAL TAKEAWAY
In general, there are a lot of essential oils that are boosted when diluted with rice bran oil. Rice bran oil, on its own, makes a very important base carrier oil for every DIY skincare product. This is especially true for massage oils — whatever kind of application it may be!
WHERE TO BUY RICE BRAN OILS ONLINE IN BULK AT A WHOLESALE PRICE IN AUSTRALIA
Wondering where to purchase quality rice bran oil for your skincare needs? Look no further, N-essentials is your trusted online supplier of premium quality carrier oils! N-essential also has a lot of skincare, haircare and body care ingredients that can be bought in bulk at a wholesale price. Browse through our online store and learn more about the vast range of products available. Add your essentials now to your cart and buy online today!
If you have questions, or simply wish to inquire about bulk orders at a wholesale price, we have our friendly team to accommodate you. Email us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be assisted.