Does the thought of delectable chocolate fill your mind whenever you hear the word cocoa butter? While it is true that this mouthwatering butter is a staple chocolate ingredient, you can also associate it with beautiful skin. Cosmetic grade cocoa butter has gained the spotlight and earned the affection of natural skincare enthusiasts for its magnificent benefits. With that said, you will unveil the secrets of looking beautiful as you read throughout this article.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT COCOA BUTTER
Cocoa butter, also known as cacao butter and theobroma oil, is a natural fat derived from cacao beans. The production process of this cosmetic butter includes harvesting, cleaning, roasting, and crushing the cacao beans. After, the beans are grounded into cocoa liquor and then pressed to produce the fat. Most of the time, manufacturers transform leftovers into cocoa powder to utilise the entire cacao pod. Cocoa butter, recognised as one of the most stable fats, is frequently used in cosmetics due to its natural skin and hair benefits.
If you go looking for cosmetic cacao butter, you will find it in two varieties: unrefined and deodorised. Unrefined cocoa butter is in its purest form with a creamy yellow colour and distinct chocolate scent, which some people prefer. On the other hand, deodorised cacao butter does not have a colour and an aroma, making it easier to incorporate into your skincare formula without the chocolate scent standing out. It is a matter of preference in choosing between the two.
Fun fact: Did you know that cocoa butter melts as soon as you place it on your palm? This attribute is admirable for moisturisers and other skin products. Try it out yourself by placing a piece in your hand.
COCOA BUTTER AND ITS HIDDEN BEAUTY SECRETS
Have you ever wondered about the hidden secrets of cocoa butter as to why it enhances people's looks? Fortunately, many research studies have uncovered the paradox and found out that these beauty secrets lie in the powerful qualities of cacao butter. It has a powerful moisturising ability that caters to many applications. Moreover, it is a cosmetic butter favoured by many brands as it overflows with advantages for the skin and hair. Let us dive deeper to understand more of these benefits.
FOR GORGEOUS-LOOKING SKIN
When it comes to beautifying the skin, cocoa butter does the job right. This cosmetic butter delivers the ideal skin appearance you have always wanted without the help of chemicals. You can expect the following benefits:
- Moisturises the skin:You can always run to cocoa butter for that natural moisturising action when all else fails. However, it does not mean that it is the last resort! Cocoa butter can easily replace your commercial moisturisers with its abundant fatty acids, which aid in skin hydration and form a protective barrier that retains moisture, keeping your skin from looking like a desert. It is an excellent cosmetic butter to include in your skincare arsenal.
- Provides antioxidants: Cocoa butter contains loads of antioxidants, which help combat dark patches, skin ageing and dullness caused by free radicals. Protect your skin by applying cacao butter to maintain a youthful and healthy appearance.
- Soothes the skin: Cocoa butter helps soothe dermatitis, eczema, inflammations, and other irritations. It also shields the skin from sun damage, making it a great addition to sunblock and sunscreen formulations.
- Rejuvenates the skin: When you apply cocoa butter to the skin, it passes through deep layers, delivering a significant and beneficial rejuvenating effect. It provides liveliness and freshness to the skin by boosting blood circulation. Treat your skin by using this natural cosmetic butter.
- Minimises the appearance of scars and stretch marks: Many people, including some doctors, believe that using cocoa butter regularly prevents and lessens the presence of stretch marks. It is a cosmetic butter that is safe to use for pregnant women if they want to avoid having those marks during and after pregnancy.
- Helps lessen discolouration and pigmentation: Cocoa butter can fade dark spots and even out skin tone on your face and body, thus minimising the appearance of discolouration and pigmentation. You can apply it topically after cleansing the skin daily for noticeable improvements.
COCOA BUTTER FOR LUCIOUS AND HEALTHY-LOOKING HAIR
When you think of cacao butter, think of nature's miracle worker. It is a well-deserved title for such an incredible cosmetic butter as it does wonders to your hair. Shower your locks with these spectacular cocoa butter benefits:
- Conditions your hair: Cocoa butter enriches, moisturises and smoothens your hair, making it a perfect ingredient for your conditioner. You can also use cacao butter directly to treat damaged hair, leaving you with shiny, silky, tangle-free tresses.
- Promotes hair growth: If you want to grow your hair longer, using cocoa butter is the best option. It nourishes your hair with its natural fatty acids, clears your scalp and allows your strands to grow faster.
- Volumises your hair: Curious why some ladies have such vivacious hair? Chances are, they use cocoa butter as their secret weapon! Cacao cosmetic butter is splendid in thickening and volumising the hair. Why buy high-end products when you can beautify your locks with this natural butter?
- Protects and strengthens your hair: It is paramount to guard your tresses against harmful UV rays, dust, and other variables while nurturing them. The best way to do that is to use cocoa butter directly or infuse it in your haircare product. It contains fatty acids that produce a protective barrier on the scalp and ensure moisture in the hair. Moreover, it shields your locks from chlorine water, which is great if you love pool parties!
- Combats hair loss: Your frustration with hair fall will drastically subside with the sublime qualities of cocoa butter. It repairs damaged locks and scalp, plus it strengthens and nourishes the roots, resulting in very minimal hair loss.
COCOA BUTTER SKIN AND HAIR APPLICATIONS AND DIRECTIONS
With all the benefits in mind, it is now time to know the different uses of cocoa butter and how to make them. We have provided you with helpful skin and hair cacao butter applications that you would want to try out in the comfort of your home. Make sure to research the exact amount of each ingredient according to your needs.
Unlike other cosmetic ingredients, it is safe to apply cacao butter directly on the skin and hair as long as you follow directions correctly. Here are some ways in using this cosmetic butter on your skin and hair:
- After taking a shower, gently massage cocoa butter into your skin for a moisturised and attractive appearance.
- Use this butter for your pre-shower routine. Melt the butter before massaging it into your hair and scalp. Let it sit for around 10 to 20 minutes. Otherwise, it will solidify and would be difficult to take off. After that, shampoo as usual.
- Apply a small amount of cocoa butter to your hair after shampooing to work as a conditioner, leave it for 3 to 4 minutes and rinse after.
Avoid harmful chemicals in commercial conditioners by going all-natural. You can mix cocoa butter with jojoba oil and coconut oil. You can also add other natural ingredients you prefer, provided that they suit your hair and are safe. The following steps are easy, but the tricky part will be resisting the urge to touch or smell your hair all the time after applying cacao butter-infused conditioner!
- Start by melting the cocoa butter and coconut oil together in a small saucepan. You can accomplish this with a double boiler or a candle warmer plate.
- Add the jojoba oil when the cacao butter and coconut oil have completely melted, then mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool until it begins to harden.
- Whip it until it has the consistency of a whipped cream before it becomes entirely firm. It should be ready after 4 to 5 minutes of constant whipping.
- You can now enjoy your homemade natural conditioner.
Other ingredients you can choose from:
- Castor oil
- Moroccan argan oil
- Ylang ylang essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Clary sage essential oil
- Shea butter
- Aloe vera juice
- Vegetable glycerine
Nothing rivals the efficacy of rich, natural substances of cocoa butter when it comes to battling the indications of aging. You can start making a lovely anti-ageing overnight cream with cacao butter, camellia oil , vitamin E oil , and lemon essential oil .
- Place a heat-safe bowl over a pot of boiling water, then mix the cocoa butter and camellia oil by whisking.
- Set aside the mixture for 5 minutes to cool down. After, whisk in the vitamin E oil and lemon essential oil.
- Refrigerate the bowl for about an hour, covered with plastic wrap.
- Bring out the mixture from the refrigerator and whisk until it becomes foamy.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
- Continue whisking and transfer it to a small container with a lid like a mason jar.
- Your cream is ready to be utilised every night before bed. Apply to your face, neck, and other applicable parts of the body.
Other ingredients you can choose from:
- Arnica oil
- Sunflower oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Mango butter
- Calendula extract
- Xanthan gum
- Vegetable cetyl alcohol
OTHER APPLICATIONS YOU CAN INSTIL WITH COCOA BUTTER:
- Skin and hair moisturiser
- Body lotion
- Butter block
- Hand cream
- Eye cream
- Shampoo bar
- Soap bar
Precaution: Although cocoa butter is known to have no side effects, it is still important to execute a skin patch test to check if it suits your skin. If you have acne-prone skin, it is best to consult your dermatologist.
The secret is finally out! Cocoa butter is the ultimate ingredient if you want to achieve the glow-up of a lifetime. No wonder many people love to use this cosmetic butter, it is all because of its overflowing beauty benefits. You, too, can achieve lovely, bright and healthy-looking skin with the wonders of cacao butter. The next thing you have to do is hunt for this treasure! Allow us to help you out with that.
GET YOUR HANDS ON HIGH-QUALITY AND AFFORDABLE COCOA BUTTER ONLINE IN AUSTRALIA!
Discover and lay your hands on the best cocoa butter at N-Essentials. We are a reliable supplier in Australia that only offers quality products that fulfil your needs in terms of self-care and home care crafts. You can rely on us in providing natural and safe ingredients for your items, and no matter where you live, may it be a different continent, we will always strive our best to deliver our goods right to your doorstep. Start your journey with us by visiting our online store , where you can find tons of wonderful products, articles, and perks!