As you partake in a more sustainable and natural lifestyle, finding non-toxic, beneficial, and nature-made ingredients would be on top of your list. For this reason, you will be hooked on the advantages and versatility of bees wax! Infuse this natural cosmetic wax into your skincare, house care, cosmetics, and candles to banish harmful chemicals from your life.
Sceptic? Don't be. We have compiled different aspects of why bees wax is the ultimate addition to your personal and home care ingredients. Read until the end to uncover more surprising facts.
WHAT IS BEES WAX?
Bees wax, obtained from the honeybee and other bees' honeycomb, has a yellow or brown colour when pollen oils combine with honeycomb wax. Younger bees, aged 12 to 20 days old, work hard to make this lovely natural cosmetic wax before they start collecting pollen and nectar as their main job.
For thousands of years and up until now, bees wax utilisations have been versatile and significant regarding cosmetics, candles, and other personal care products. Ancient Egyptians, Vikings, and Romans loved to use this natural cosmetic wax due to its flexibility. Some popular applications include coating a thread in bees wax to strengthen and preserve before stitching thick leather and serving as a dental tooth filling.
Let us understand more about this versatile natural cosmetic wax as we delve deeper into this article.
BEES WAX - ONE OF THE MOST VERSATILE RAW INGREDIENTS TO DATE
Nature has gifted us with a multifaceted and wonderful thing called bees wax. It is truly an all-rounder due to its dozens of applications, from skincare to home care, you name it! Let us venture through its multiple, astounding benefits and applications.
BEES WAX FOR POWERFUL SKINCARE
Bees wax in plenty of skincare routines has been hyped by many, slowly replacing several skin protectants such as petroleum jelly. This natural cosmetic wax can thicken bath and body products' consistency.
Bees wax contains hydration qualities that trap moisture while allowing the skin to breathe whilst softening it. It creates a long-lasting barrier, protecting your skin from environmental toxins. Moreover, it soothes skin irritations and minor wounds.
You will never regret adding this natural cosmetic wax to your personalised skin-loving goodies!
Bees wax benefits for skincare:
As you partake in a more sustainable and natural lifestyle, you will discover bountiful benefits of bees wax infused in your custom-made skin products.
- Anti-inflammatory - Soothes irritated skin
- Antibacterial - Protects skin from bacteria and the like
- Antioxidant – Helps protect your skin from the sun and delays signs of ageing
- Hydrating - Boosts the absorption of moisture into the skin
- Moisturising - Locks in moisture after the hydration process
- Softening - Supports soothing and softening of dry, chapped, and damaged skin.
- Nourishing - Strengthens the skin with nutrients
- Natural - Derived from nature and is free from toxins
BEES WAX FOR NATURAL MAKEUP
Nothing beats the satisfaction of crafting your own non-toxic and eco-friendly makeup with the help of bees wax. The best part is knowing what ingredients are in it! Thus, you no longer need to concern yourself with parabens and other chemicals that are not skin-friendly. Blend this natural cosmetic wax into your beauty product and indulge in its advantages.
Bees wax benefits for makeup:
- Emulsifier - It combines oil and liquid components.
- Thickener - It thickens the consistency of beauty products.
- Moisturiser – Bees wax keeps the skin from feeling dry by hydrating and conditioning it, resulting in a smooth, supple texture.
- Non-comedogenic - It does not clog the pores, making it fitting for many skin types.
BEES WAX FOR QUALITY CANDLES
Royals, aristocrats, and churches favoured bees wax candles throughout history due to their lovely light and subtle scent. Even now, this natural cosmetic wax still holds the interest of many. Get a hold of it now and start crafting your DIY candles!
Bees wax benefits for candles:
- Emits beautiful light - It burns cleanly and brightly.
- Neat - Bees wax does not emit any soot and drips less.
- Resilient - It burns for a long time.
- Exudes a subtle aroma - It gives off a honey scent that is not overpowering.
- Purifying - It helps purify the air by emitting negative ions. Toxins stick to these negative ions, resulting in their removal.
- Independent - It does not require any additives, hardeners or chemicals to be high quality since it is very dense and has a high melting point.
BEES WAX FOR SUSTAINABLE HOME CARE
Bees wax contains natural protective components useful for waxing, conditioning, and polishing. Use this natural cosmetic wax for homemade shoe polish, furniture polish, boot conditioner, sealing wax, surfboard wax, and modelling or moulding wax.
Bees wax benefits for home care:
- Sustainable - It is a natural byproduct, renewable, eco-friendly, ethically sourced, and safe.
- Free from chemicals and toxins - It is derived from nature and does not have harmful particles that will stay in your home.
- Environmentally friendly - Using this natural cosmetic wax will not damage our environment.
- Versatile - It has abundant home care applications.
- Lubricates - It is excellent for greasing threads, nails, and screws. It also fixes squeaky drawers, windows, and doors.
- Polishes - It makes your furniture shine.
- Protects - It prevents rust and waterproofs leather and textiles.
IS BEES WAX SAFE FOR ANY SKIN TYPE?
Yes, bees wax is safe to use by all skin types since it contains anti-allergenic, anti-bacterial, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and germicidal properties. People with dry, oily, sensitive, and mature skin can take delight in this natural cosmetic wax.
Precautions: Although bees wax is generally safe, you should always do a skin patch test for allergies before applying it or any new product to your skin. Apply a dab of the natural cosmetic wax to your inner wrist or elbow, and leave it there for 24 to 48 hours. You can also ask your dermatologist for advice for more assurance.
BEES WAX APPLICATIONS YOU HAVE TO TRY OUT NOW!
Crafting a homemade moisturising bar has been a lot better with the help of bees wax. Its capability to make your skin look stunning, moisturised and nourished is a desirable trait for lotions that you will love to try out. You can bring your ideal lotion bar to life by adding this natural cosmetic wax to the list of ingredients.
- You can start by combining a carrier oil with bees wax in a microwave-safe container and microwave for 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave with caution to avoid burns.
- Next, add a cosmetic butter of your choice into the mixture and stir. You can also add 1 to 3 drops of essential oil of your preference and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mould with care.
- Allow the mixture to cool and firm for many hours or overnight.
- Once it hardens, keep it in a cool, dry area to avoid melting.
- You now have your DIY bees wax lotion bar ready at your disposal!
Ingredients to choose from:
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Shea butter
- Frankincense essential oil
- Ylang ylang essential oil
One great thing about making your homemade deodorant is you no longer have to suffer the effects of harmful chemicals. Plus, you can avoid skin discolouration caused by commercial products. Treat your underarms by incorporating bees wax and other natural ingredients into your deodorant bar.
- Combine the bees wax, carrier oil, and cosmetic butter you like in a glass jar.
- Place the jar in a pot with 2.5cm level of water. Bring the pot of water to a boil over high heat until the ingredients completely melt.
- Remove the pot from the heat once they have formed a smooth and even mix.
- Place the mixture alongside cosmetic powder, and essential oil, and an antioxidant ingredient into a mixing bowl.
- Gently blend all of the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour the liquid mixture into a mould of your choice.
- If you choose a stick deodorant container, allow the mixture to solidify for 15 to 20 minutes before pouring it into the tube. Once hardened, use a spoon to scoop it into the container. Press it down to ensure it is tightly packed.
- Allow the deodorant blend to cool and firm completely before using or capping the filled tube.
Ingredients to choose from:
- Cocoa butter
- Mango butter
- Vitamin E oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
Homemade bees wax candles have a light yet enticing honey-like aroma on their own. But you can still add other fascinating fragrances without being subdued by the natural scent. Furthermore, it is a superb alternative to toxic components. You can reduce your exposure to harmful substances by using bees wax candles.
- Pour the measured bees wax into a double boiler. The water should be enough that it will not pour out. Then melt the natural cosmetic wax.
- When the Beeswax has completely melted, put off the fire and slowly whisk your preferred carrier oil with a stick or a spoon until they blend thoroughly.
- Let it cool, then blend in your favourite essential or fragrance oil for the aroma.
- Fill a small portion of your candle container with the mixture. You can warm it up to ensure it remains liquid.
- Place one wick in the centre of each container and keep it there for 5 to 10 minutes to prevent it from moving while the wax solidifies around it.
- Wrap a wick that is already cut into sections around a stick until it is taut and erect, then place it on top of the jar to maintain it vertically and prevent curling.
- When the small portion of wax has dried, pour the remaining mixture into the container, leaving at least 3 cm (1 inch) of space between the surface and the tip of the container.
- Cool your candles overnight, with the lids left open.
Ingredients to choose from:
- Coconut oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Sweet orange essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Frangipani fragrance oil
- Ocean breeze fragrance oil
HARDWOOD FURNITURE POLISH
Most people grew up with commercialised hardwood furniture polish. But let us face it, not all of its components fall under the toxin-free category. You will want to plunge into the realm of DIY home care items if you desire to eliminate or minimise the number of chemicals in your house. A great way to begin is to select natural and sustainable ingredients like bees wax. Not only is it safe and eco-friendly, but also easy to create!
- Melt the bees wax and carrier oil in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir to help quicken the process and avoid high heat.
- Add an antioxidant extract and essential oil.
- Pour the boiling liquid into a clean, dry wide-mouth container.
- Let it cool for at least 2 hours to a semi-hard balm consistency.
- Apply your homemade hardwood furniture polish by scooping some out with your fingers or a towel.
- Rub it into any hardwood surfaces. You may remove extra polish right away or leave it on for a couple of hours. It allows the oils more time to infiltrate the wood.
- Buff it to a shine, and you will be amazed at how beautiful your furniture will be.
Ingredients to choose from:
- Jojoba oil
- Grapefruit seed extract
- Vitamin E oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Lemon eucalyptus essential oil
There we have it! Bees wax is a flexible and eco-friendly ingredient that deserves the hype throughout time. Over and above that, it could bring out the best of your custom-made product and provide it with top-tier quality. If you want to live life more naturally while taking care of the environment, this wax is for you.
Did this natural cosmetic wax get you buzzing? Then, it is surely a telltale sign for you to get your hands on it now!
THE BEST BEES WAX YOU WILL EVER FIND IS AT N-ESSENTIALS!
Get the best bees wax out of the bunch at N-Essentials! We are a friendly supplier of wholesale oils, raw ingredients, soaps, and body care in Australia. All our products are of high quality and are available to customers worldwide. Whether you are a hobbyist or a business owner, rest assured we can cater for your needs. Visit our online store to start your journey with us.