Buy Neem Oil For Hair Online In Australia
- Botanical Name: Azadirachta indica
- Colour: Brown
- Method of extraction: Virgin, cold-pressed from the seeds of neem tree
What Is Neem Oil?
Neem oil is a carrier oil that is extracted by cold pressing from the seeds of the evergreen neem tree. It has a heavy, pungent aroma and varies in colour from green-brown to golden-yellow to dark brown, depending on the extraction process. Neem oil is one of India's most well-known carrier oils, and it has been dubbed the "Indian Lilac" due to its versatility in hair care applications.
What Is Neem Oil Made From?
Neem oil is extracted from the seeds of the neem tree (Azadirachta indica), a plant indigenous to the Indian subcontinent. The seeds are cold-pressed to produce this distinctive oil, which contains numerous active compounds that contribute to the oil's insecticidal properties, which makes it a great addition to gardening.
What Is Neem Oil Used For?
Neem oil has a multitude of uses. It finds its place in a variety of cosmetic products and is a common ingredient in hair care formulations, especially in the removal of head lice. Furthermore, neem oil plays a critical role in farming and gardening, serving as an all-natural pesticide and protecting plants from various pests.
Neem oil is a traditional ingredient in many hair care products. In combination with other oils, like coconut oil, it can be used as part of a routine hair care regimen.
In hair care, this oil can help clean your hair by washing loose flakes from the hair. It gives your hair the appearance of being moisturised and can even help with detangling. For shinier and stronger-looking hair, we recommend blending neem oil with coconut oil and lavender essential oil.
Removal Of Head Lice
Neem oil also provides a natural way of getting rid of head lice.
Note: Neem oil is a potent oil, and it is always best to consult a healthcare professional for treatment options. However, if you'd like to try using neem oil for head lice removal, here's a simple procedure you could follow:
- Prepare the treatment: Mix neem oil with another oil like eucalyptus, tea tree or peppermint oil. The recommended ratio is usually one part neem oil to five parts the other oil. For example, you could mix 2 tablespoons of neem oil with 10 tablespoons of eucalyptus oil.
- Application: Apply the oil mixture to the scalp and hair, ensuring that all hair is thoroughly coated. Pay special attention to the areas behind the ears and the back of the neck.
- Waiting period: Allow the oil to sit on the scalp and hair for at least one hour. However, for better results, you could leave it on overnight.
- Removal: After the waiting period, comb your hair using a nit comb - a special fine-toothed comb designed for lice removal.
- Washing: Wash your hair thoroughly using a mild shampoo to remove the oil. You may need to shampoo more than once to remove the oil fully.
- Repeat: Lice and nits can be stubborn, so you'll likely need to repeat this process every few days for at least two weeks to ensure that you've eliminated any lice that may have hatched after your initial treatment.
Please note that this is a traditional home remedy, and its effectiveness can vary. Always consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist to discuss the most effective options for your specific situation.
Neem Oil For Gardening & As A Natural Insect Repellant
In the realm of gardening, neem oil stands out as a natural, non-toxic pesticide. This oil can be used to monitor insects and wards them off with its heavy and bitter sulphuric scent. The bitter taste of neem oil, when used as a main ingredient in pesticides and fertilisers, acts as an effective antifeedant, preventing them from chewing the leaves of your plants and trees. Neem oil is also biodegradable, making it a great choice of insecticide. This makes it a staple in any gardener's toolkit.
Whether you're exploring ingredients for hair care formulations, or seeking an environmentally friendly aid for your gardening endeavours, neem oil is a versatile, natural resource that you can consider.
Buy Neem Oil Alongside These Ingredients
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Olive oil
- Shea butter
- Sunflower oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Vitamin E oil
CAUTION: Due to the potency of the oil, best to mix it with another carrier oil when applying to larger parts of the body. Apply using a cotton ball and wear disposable gloves. Also, neem oil may solidify at lower temperatures. Thus, prepare a bowl of warm water and place the container in it. Neem oil should only be used externally.
Where To Buy Neem Oil In Bulk At Wholesale Prices Online Near Me
If you are wondering where to buy neem oil for hair or for gardening, N-essentials has the best in store for you. N-essentials is your one-stop destination for a broad range of pure and natural hair care and cosmetic products. You can also contact us for more information. Buy neem oil and other wholesale essential oils online today for delivery within Australia.