Pollution and smoke are two of the factors that make the skin appear dull. Fortunately, there are antioxidants that help guard the skin from environmental stress and combat skin damage. One of the most powerful antioxidants that are commonly added to beauty essentials is vitamin E oil.
We have heard about this many times before but how does vitamin E work and why is it important to our skin?
What is vitamin E oil?
Vitamin E is a group of fat-soluble vitamins that work as a powerful antioxidant. There are 8 forms of vitamin E and 2 of them, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol, are commonly used in skincare products.
The antioxidants found in vitamin E are known to help maintain the beauty and suppleness of your skin. It works by diminishing the appearance of blemishes. It also slows down the aging process by tightening the skin and reducing the visibility of dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles that work altogether to appear radiant.
Do you enjoy staying out in the sun? No worries!
Apart from removing skin impurities, vitamin E can also be used as a natural moisturiser that provides quality hydration to your skin and prevents sun damage for longer periods.
How to Choose Vitamin E Products?
Vitamin E is mostly present in skincare products such as moisturisers, sunscreens, lotions, and many others. However, to ensure that you get to receive the maximum effect of such antioxidants, choose a product that contains alpha-tocopherol - the most effective form of the vitamin that is recognised to help beautify the skin.
Check this DIY Face Serum with vitamin E!
- 2 tbsp of vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp of organic aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp of rose floral water
- 1 small dark bottle
- Mix the vitamin E oil and organic aloe vera gel in a small vessel.
- Add in the rose floral water. Then, transfer the mixture into a dark bottle.
How to use it?
- Clean your face by washing it with a gentle facial cleanser and lukewarm water. Gently pat dry. The lukewarm water enables your pores to open up.
- Take 1-2 drops of face serum to your face and gently massage your skin with your fingertips.
- For acne-prone and sensitive skin, make sure to rinse your face after 15 minutes. If you have dry skin, you can wash the oil off in the morning.
Although vitamin E displays countless benefits to the skin, however, it should not be taken internally. A skin patch test should be administered first to prevent skin complications.