BUY ARROWROOT POWDER (ORGANIC) ONLINE IN AUSTRALIA
Botanical Name: Maranta arundinaceae
Status: Organic, vegan
WHAT IS ARROWROOT STARCH?
Arrowroot powder is obtained from the cylindrical-shaped rootstocks of tropical Maranta arundinacea plant. It is mostly cultivated in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, and Southeast Asia. To acquire the starch, the roots of the plant are washed, peeled, grated in water, descaled, and are made into a pulp.
It had successfully gained its title in the cosmetic industry when it started to be used as a thickening agent that provides countless benefits. Throughout the years, arrowroot powder has been used to create new beauty inventions including face powders, shampoos, DIY makeup, and more.
BENEFITS OF ARROWROOT POWDER
The powder itself has many uses and benefits. It is packed with a number of minerals such as calcium, folate, magnesium, sodium, omega-3 & 6 fatty acids, and potassium. As such, this makes it ideal for use in beauty care products.
Arrowroot powder, also called arrowroot starch, is a white, featherweight powder that gives off a soft and silky-smooth feel to the skin when applied.
Makeup products such as face powders, bronzers, and eye shadows are viable with arrowroot powder. It helps lighten strong, dusky tones, and create multiple brighter shades. Aside from that, it also has the capability to absorb sweat and excess sebum which then translates to a lesser chance of re-applying makeup.
Not only does it play a great job at altering makeup shades but it also makes a good addition to body lotions, face creams, and moisturisers. This is because it acts as a thickening agent and an active ingredient in penetrating the top layers of the skin with its moisture-absorbing properties. Thanks to its solidifying ability, your skin will surely look softer and healthier.
In haircare, arrowroot powder can be used as an alternative to commercialised shampoos. If you are the type of person who is always in a rush, then worry not as this powder helps speed up your daily hair care routine. Do this by applying a handful of arrowroot starch onto the roots of your hair, gently massaging into the scalp, and combing through your hair with a brush to get rid of all the residue.
USES OF ARROWROOT POWDER
Here is a list of some arrowroot starch applications that you might want to make at home:
- Dry shampoo: Although used without water, dry shampoo eliminates dirt and absorbs excess oils without causing any damage to the hair or scalp. It is a fantastic alternative for people who want to maintain fresh, silky, and manageable hair in between their wash schedules. Start making your DIY dry shampoo by blending arrowroot starch with other natural ingredients.
- Face powder: You can use arrowroot powder on its own to create a translucent face powder to remove shininess on the T-Zone area. It also softens the face by applying arrowroot starch with a makeup sponge or a soft brush. It can also be used as a setting powder all over the face for long-lasting makeup use.
- Facial creams: Arrowroot Powder can act as a thickening agent for lotions, creams, and other moisturising formulas. Do not use water with arrowroot starch as it is insoluble with it.
- Body salves: You can infuse arrowroot powder into body salves for a more appealing lightweight texture while leaving the skin with a non-greasy finish.
- Foot powders: Arrowroot starch deodorises and refreshes the feet. It also acts as an anti-irritant, friction reducer, and absorbent that helps treat athlete's foot.
- Bath bombs: Use arrowroot powder in making bath bombs as a thickening and binding agent, allowing the bath bomb to maintain its shape. Arrowroot starch pairs perfectly with clays, essential oils, and raw ingredients.
- Facial masks: Create your natural facial mask with arrowroot powder. For a more optimised result, combine it with other natural ingredients.
- Other uses: Moisturisers, body lotions, eye shadows, bronzers, deodorants and more.
In any of these applications, it can be inferred that this skin-friendly powder is a great thickener that is famous for its moisture-controlling capabilities. Continued use of arrowroot starch may promote a spotless and radiant-looking skin.
For better quality, we recommend storing the powder in a dark, cool place. If arrowroot starch is stored properly, it can be used for as long as 3 years.
WARNING: Even though this product is commonly used in food products, we re-package it for suitability in external applications only.
OTHER INGREDIENTS THAT BLEND WELL WITH ARROWROOT STARCH
These ingredients work well with arrowroot starch, depending on the product’s purpose. Nonetheless, you can create powerful and beneficial DIY self-care products with these ingredients.
- Sweet orange essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- French green clay powder
- Cocoa powder
- Kaolin clay powder
WHERE TO BUY BULK ARROWROOT POWDER AT WHOLESALE PRICES ONLINE IN AUSTRALIA?
N-essentials is Australia’s supplier of arrowroot starch and other beauty care products that are fit for many purposes. We strive to meet the maximum possible standards and ensure that our customers receive only the best products suited to their desired applications.
Buy arrowroot powder and other cosmetic powders online from N-essentials today and start creating your own beauty products!