Want to nourish your skin with a luxurious homemade body butter?
There is nothing more pampering than a rich creamy body butter, prepared from the purest natural ingredients. A body butter makes a great addition to your skincare routine and offers the perfect way to intensively hydrate it. Prepared by combining oils with butters, it makes the ultimate moisturizer, leaving your skin to appear smoother and softer.
You may wonder what makes a homemade body butter a better alternative to store bought lotions and creams. With a homemade body butter, you know exactly what your ingredients are and can customize the recipe to suit your unique needs. From choosing the butter to adding essential oils, a homemade recipe can be completely personalized.
However, are you daunted by the thought of making your own body butter?
Well, body butter is not hard to make at all! Why not try the following whipped body butter recipe with cocoa butter? Great for beginners, this recipe is fun to make and extremely nourishing for your skin.
What is body butter?
A hydrating skin ingredient, plant-based body butter is basically an extract of nuts, beans or seeds. A body butter does not contain any water and is comparatively much thicker than a regular lotion. With a profile rich in fatty acids, body butter is sold at room temperature. Even though a body butter is definitely more emollient than a lotion, it easily penetrates the skin and offers a great way to hydrate it. You can even use body butter to reduce the appearance of fine lines and nurture severely dry skin. A hydrating body elixir, this body butter recipe is one that you will surely love.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a bain-marie. It is always better to melt it over steam than on direct heat.
- Depending on the temperature, you may even require to melt the coconut oil. Melt it gently along with the cocoa butter until it turns into liquid completely.
- Place the melted butter and oil in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. To prevent condensation drips, cover the container.
- Freeze the cocoa butter until it is semi-solid. It must neither be too hard nor too soft. It must be soft enough so that you are able to press it with your finger and create a dent.
- If required, place it back in the freezer to harden further.
- Following this, make use of an electric whisk to whip it. You can even use a food processor that has a whisk attachment.
- Whisk for about 5 minutes until you notice that there are fluffy white clouds in the blend.
- Transfer the content into a clean container.
- Since there is no water used in the recipe, you don’t need to add preservatives.
- The shelf life of body butter is relatively long and the blend will last for 3 months.
- To enrich your body butter with a gorgeous fragrance, you may want to add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. However, this is optional.
This indulgent body butter prevents the escape of the skin’s moisture and makes it appear supple. Marvellously moisturizing, the body butter is great for the skin. It melts easily and is quickly absorbed by it. In fact, this natural blend is a great alternative to chemical-laden store-bought lotions.
The homemade body butter blend also makes a wonderful gift and you even have the option to personalize it with custom natural fragrances. You can transfer the blend into a cute jar with ribbons to make a gift that will be cherished.
Choosing the Right Ingredients for the Recipe:
With homemade beauty products, you have the freedom to get creative and use ingredients that best work for your skin. To make the most of your body butter blend, it is best to use only organic and pure ingredients. By opting for ingredients that are free of chemicals, you can perfectly nourish your skin. The presence of additives in coconut oil or cocoa butter can immensely reduce the efficacy of your blend.
Want to pamper your skin with a rich and delicious smelling body butter?
If you wish to prepare your own body butter and looking for pure ingredients, visit N-essentials. N-essentials is a wholesale supplier of pure and natural essential oils, cosmetics and skincare raw materials. If you are looking for more information about our products, feel free to call us today. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com .