There is no better way to take care of your skin than using beauty products that are not only nourishing but also entirely natural. Maintaining smooth and radiant-looking skin can be time-consuming but can be worth it once you see beautiful results. Beautiful results are attainable only if you are consistent and diligent enough in following a regular regime to improve your skin. So, make sure to follow the basics and incorporate them into your daily skincare routine to achieve optimal results.
One essential that we adore using, for smooth and supple skin, is apricot kernel oil.
What is Apricot Kernel Oil?
Apricot kernel oil is extracted from the oil-rich kernels of apricots ( Prunus Armeniaca). Apricot is a stone fruit of the Rosaceae family that is somewhat related to peaches and plums which are nearly smooth and has a round to oblong shape.
The cold press method is used as it is the most effective way to preserve the nutrients and antioxidants in the oil. The oil has high levels of vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, alpha-linoleic acid, stearic acid, and other antioxidants that work all together towards making the skin look radiant.
The oil is slightly yellow and has little to no smell. It is mild and extremely light making it ideal to be used in cosmetic applications.
In cosmetics, the enlivening properties of apricot kernel oil help to provide moisture to the skin whilst correcting dark spots. It also smooths out skin imperfections such as fine lines and wrinkles. Blemishes, acne scars, and dark circles are not a problem with apricot kernel oil as it helps to cover and lighten their visibility on the skin. Thanks to vitamin E and A, your skin is now glowing and free from the skin-damaging effects of free radicals.
The awesomeness of this incredible oil does not just stop there because not only that you get to have glowing skin but you can also ensure that the softness and suppleness of your skin will be maintained. This is because the oleic acid in apricot kernel oil functions to slow down the skin’s aging process, thus making it appear young and radiant.
Check out this DIY Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream with Apricot Kernel Oil!
- 6 tsp apricot kernel oil
- 6 tsp jojoba oil
- 6 tsp rosehip oil
- 3 tsp beeswax
- 10 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 10 tsp rose floral water
- 20 drops natural vitamin e oil
- Add apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, and beeswax in heat-resistant glassware. Place the glassware into a pan of water. Heat until beeswax melts.
- Remove from heat and add in the carrot seed essential oil together with the 10 tsp rose floral water and vitamin e oil. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a small-sized container. Then, place the mixture in the fridge until it solidifies. Do this overnight. Use this mixture within a week.
Having issues with dry, frizzy hair?
Frizzy hair happens when there is a lack of moisture in the hair.
No worries! Apricot kernel oil can help revitalise the appearance of your hair by providing moisture, promoting lustre, and restoring its natural colour. It also helps detangle and wash loose dandruff from the hair.
By incorporating apricot kernel oil in your daily haircare routine, you can ensure that dry and frizzy hair will never be an issue.
Try this DIY Natural Hair Detangler!
- 1 tsp apricot kernel oil
- 1 tsp liquid glycerin (vegetable)
- 2 tsp organic aloe vera gel
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 20 tsp rose floral water
- 5 drops natural vitamin e oil
- Combine all essential oils with the organic aloe vera gel in a medium-sized spritzer. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Shake well before use.
- Spritz the mixture into your hair and comb. Use within a week.
Share this with your friends and pamper yourselves with our natural beauty products.
For more self-indulgent ideas and high-quality beauty products, please visit https://n-essentials.com.au/ today. We provide awesome DIY recipes and in-cart promotions for all your skincare needs.