Ever wondered why the colour of Himalayan Salt is reddish-pink?
We all know how pretty and captivating it looks like but what’s the deal with this salt? Does it give a lavishing effect to the skin? Does it add beauty to the skin? Is it effective?
From merely being pretty, Himalayan Pink Bath Salt is considered to be the purest sea salt in the world that can be used in many skincare applications. It is packed with 84 minerals including calcium, sodium, magnesium, manganese, iodine, potassium, fluoride, zinc, chromium, cobalt, copper, and gold.
Originating from the foothills in the Punjab province of Pakistan, Himalayan Pink Bath Salt offers skin benefits aplenty. The Himalayan Pink Bath Salt can be used as a natural exfoliant that helps to improve your skin’s processes that lead to younger-looking skin.
What does exfoliating do and why is it necessary to exfoliate?
Exfoliating is the process of removing the top layer of dead skin using an exfoliation instrument. Without exfoliation, dead skin might accumulate and would lead to clogged pores, wrinkles, dryness, dullness, dark spots and many others.
Proper exfoliation may also enhance the efficacy of your topical skincare products and may leave your skin looking fresh and radiant.
Top Reasons to use Himalayan Pink Bath Salt
Aside from exfoliating the skin, Himalayan Pink Bath Salt can also provide skin benefits such as:
- Softens and Moisturises the skin. Incorporating the pink bath salt in your skincare routine helps boost the moisture level of your skin, thus making your skin appear soft and supple.
- Brightens dull skin. Exfoliation helps to brighten the skin and lighten overall skin tone.
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections. Continued use of the bath salt helps cover up and minimise the visibility of blemishes, fine lines, and acne scars.
- Slows down signs of premature ageing. Not only that it reduces the appearance of skin imperfections but it also makes the skin look fresh and younger.
- Masks body odour. Himalayan pink salt helps fight bad odour and masks it with its neutral scent making it ideal to use as a natural deodorant.
Try this DIY Energising Body Scrub!
- 1 cup Himalayan Pink Bath Salt (fine granules)
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- ½ cup jojoba oil
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients in a medium-sized container until it forms a thick paste.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and massage into damp skin in circular motions.
- Rinse off.
Another Way to use Himalayan Pink Bath Salt
To get the maximum effect of using Himalayan Pink Bath Salt, make sure to take a half bath and rinse off any oil, dirt, and cosmetic products from your body. Add in a handful or two of Himalayan Pink Bath Salt and Lavender Essential Oil to the bathwater. Then, lavish yourself into a tub of warm water for 20 minutes. Rinse off and moisturise your skin.
Note: Himalayan Pink Bath Salt may clump together as they do not contain preservatives and/or additives such as an anticaking agent.