Want to pamper yourself with a luxurious spa-like experience?
There is nothing quite like the joy of immersing yourself in a blanket of gorgeous-smelling bubbles with a colourful fizz. Indeed, bath bombs offer the perfect way to enhance your bathing experience. These delightful chunks effervesce when added to water and bubble away while enriching your bath with enticing fragrances. Bath bombs can make you feel truly pampered.
However, is the high price tag refraining you from indulging in a bath with gloriously-scented bath bombs?Bath bombs are easy to make and require just a few basic ingredients. Beautifully fragranced and with amazing colours, they offer many possibilities to get creative. You can use shaped moulds and colours to make splendid bath bombs for different occasion.
Not to forget the unwinding experience they offer. With essential oils of your choice, you can enjoy a bubble-licious experience while nourishing your skin with the goodness of natural ingredients. While store-bought bath bombs may contain artificial ingredients and dyes, we bring you the ultimate guide to enable you to master the art of making bath bombs with citric acid. With ingredients and fragrances of your choice, you can make bath bombs that work wonders for you.
Eager to make your own bath bombs that fizz wonderfully and smell great?
Why not try out our simple recipe for making bath bombs with citric acid?
Bath bombs do not take much time to make. You just need to have the following ingredients to get started.
It is the key to making this recipe a success. It is essential to balance the acidic citric acid and create a wonderful fizz.
This is another important component of the recipe and is required for the fizzing reaction.
Arrowroot or Corn Starch:
The rich, luxurious feel from bath bombs comes from cornstarch. You can even try arrowroot but the silky-smooth feel imparted by cornstarch is like none other.
Salt, Oil and liquid:
You have wide choices here and you can pick a product that you have or best works for your skin. To make it easier for you, we have listed a few of the ingredients that can be used.
Salt: You can opt for basic salt or take your experience up a notch with Epsom salt.
Liquid: Basic water is fine though a lot of people prefer organic witch hazel for its skin smoothing properties.
Fragrances and Colours:
Based on your preference, you can add your favourite essential oils, dried herbs or make scent-free bath bombs. You can really get creative and experiment with ingredients here. There are various combinations of essential oils and if you are making bath bombs for kids, make use of child-safe blends.
Some Other Equipment That You May Need:
While you can make your bath bombs with basic measuring cups, you may require the following to make fancier bath bombs.
- A digital scale to ensure correct proportions
- Moulds to get interesting shapes.
Bath Bomb Recipe:
They are so easy to make and you can even involve kids for some fun. While other beauty recipes may require you to measure ingredients precisely, bath bombs are versatile. The customisation options, fragrances and colours make it a great project for kids.
- Baking Soda (225 grams)
- Citric Acid (115 grams)
- Sea salt or Epsom salt (115 grams)
- Cornstarch (115 grams)
- 2 Tablespoon oil of your choice
- 2 tsp witch hazel
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 30-40 drops of any essential oil of your choice
- Mix the baking soda, citric acid, salt and cornstarch in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, combine the witch hazel, oil and vanilla. Stir well and add essential oils.
- Gradually combine the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, few drops at a time.
- Mix the ingredients well with your hands. If you are using dried herbs, add them to the mixture.
- Try to achieve the right consistency. When squeezed, the mixture should hold together and not crumble.
- In case you notice that the consistency is not perfect, add more of witch hazel.
- Put the mixture into greased tins or moulds. Press it firmly and leave it for about 24 hours. You may notice some amount of expansion, which is normal.
- If you use metal moulds, the final bath bombs will be stronger and effective.
- Once dry, transfer to an airtight container. You can use the bath bombs within two weeks. The fresher the bath bombs, the better will they fizz.
Making bath bombs is fun and easy!
Bath bombs not only make the perfect ingredient for a relaxing bath but can be used as gifts too. You can try colourful bath bombs in pretty shapes. Wrap them up nice and attractive and you have a gift that will be loved.
Planning to make your own bath bombs that look fab and smell great?
Making bath bombs is an art and there is much scope to get creative. However, with high-quality and pure ingredients, you can make bath bombs that not only make bath time a bliss but intensively nourish your skin. So,
Why not make use of genuine and skin enriching ingredients?
N-essentials is a wholesale supplier of pure and natural essential oils, cosmetics and skincare raw materials. With our range of fragrances and citric acid, you can have your own homemade bath bombs to pamper yourself with. If you are looking for more information about our products, feel free to call us today. Alternatively, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.