The following formulation guide describes how you can make your own facial serum using just Hyaluronic Acid and preservatives. Two grams of Hyaluronic Acid Powder will make 100 grams of a 2% solution. The following formulation makes a 2% solution that can be used on the skin as is, or added as an ingredient in other cosmetic formulations.
Ingredients (to make 100g of serum U+0029):
- 96 grams distilled water
- 2 grams broad spectrum preservative such as Liquid Germall Plus or Optiphen Plus
- 2 grams Hyaluronic Acid powder with molecular weight 100kDa
- Weigh the water and preservative into a beaker, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the Hyaluronic Acid onto the top of the water. Resist the urge to stir.
- Cover the beaker with cling wrap and leave it for a few hours.
- After a few hours, the mixture will have started to swell up and turn transparent as it hydrates.
- Once all the Hyaluronic Acid powder has hydrated, stir the mixture with a mini hand blender to obtain an even consistency throughout.
- Bottle it and use daily as a facial serum.
- Keep in the fridge for a prolonged shelf life.
Remember that when making your own products you know exactly what is going in them, the costs are a lot lower and you can tailor the product to suit your routine. A good skincare routine is more than just healthy skin, it is the first step to higher self confidence and self esteem.
N-Essentials is home to a complete selection of pure and natural essential oils cosmetics and skincare raw materials. If you are looking for more information about our products, visit our online store now. Alternatively, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.