Buy Hyaluronic Acid Powder
INCI: Sodium Hyaluronate
Molecular Weight: 80 - 110 kDa
Ingredients: sodium hyaluronate (min 90%), sodium, salt
Appearance: white powder
Solubility: soluble in water
Recommended Usage rate: 0.01 - 2%
Hyaluronic Acid has grown increasingly in popularity in recent times due to its anti-aging and moisturising benefits. Don't be deterred by the "acid" in the name. This gel-like water-holding molecule is a moisture-binding ingredient that helps to keep skin looking plump and hydrated and subsequently, younger-looking. Hyaluronic Acid can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water thus making it an excellent moisturiser.
Hyaluronic Acid is a polysaccharide and a compound that occurs naturally in every tissue of the body, with the highest concentrations occurring in tissues such as skin, cartilage and eyes. Providing protection to cell structures, Hyaluronic Acid is the natural gel between skin cells that serves as a water reservoir for the cells. The average human body contains about 15 grams Hyaluronic Acid. As we age, skin loses hyaluronic acid and the ability to hold sufficient water in this reservoir. Feeding new hyaluronic acid to skin may help hydrate skin's inter-cellular reservoir, raising skin's moisture level, and smoothing down age lines.
Topically, Hyaluronic Acid has water storing properties, making it an ideal swelling agent and lubricant, enabling its incorporation into cosmetics leading to a perceptible and visible improvement of skin condition. In use, it forms a thin transparent visco-elastic surface film that helps to preserve the characteristics of youthful and healthy skin: suppleness, elasticity, tone.
Our Hyaluronic Acid is made by the bacterial fermentation of plant matter This is generally using a ferment culture, which may include wheat peptones, yeast, as well as glucose derived from corn. It is considered vegan.
RECIPE - HYALURONIC ACID FACIAL SERUM (makes 100g of serum)
The following formulation guide describes how you can make your own facial serum using just Hyaluronic Acid and preservatives. Two grams of Hyaluronic Acid Powder will make 100 grams of a 2% solution. The following formulation makes a 2% solution that can be used on the skin as is, or added as an ingredient in other cosmetic formulations.
- 96 grams distilled water
- 2 grams broad spectrum preservative such as Liquid Germall Plus or Optiphen Plus
- 2 grams Hyaluronic Acid powder with molecular weight 100kDa
- Weigh the water and preservative into a beaker, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the Hyaluronic Acid onto the top of the water. Resist the urge to stir.
- Cover the beaker with cling wrap and leave it for a few hours.
- After a few hours, the mixture will have started to swell up and turn transparent as it hydrates.
- Once all the Hyaluronic Acid powder has hydrated, stir the mixture with a mini hand blender to obtain an even consistency throughout.
- Bottle it and use daily as a facial serum.
- Keep in the fridge for a prolonged shelf life.
Buy Hyaluronic Acid Powder online today from N-essentials in Australia for softer, smoother, more hydrated skin!