The demand for avocado oil is rising due to its plethora of skin and hair benefits. It is becoming a popular carrier oil to infuse in skincare, haircare, and even nail care products. If avocado oil has not caught your attention yet, do not worry, it will surely capture your interest this time. As you read further into this article, you will discover more things about this carrier oil you have yet to learn.
WHAT IS AVOCADO OIL AND WHY IS IT POPULAR?
Avocado oil is an antioxidant-rich and moisturising vegetable oil used in cosmetics. It contains beneficial components such as fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, and K. The avocado is a member of the Lauraceae botanical family, a name derived from the Aztec word 'Ahuacatkl', which refers to the avocado's oval form. The extraction of this carrier oil takes place by pressing and kneading the cultivated fruit's flesh, then ground into a paste and slowly churned. The oil is subsequently separated from the water by centrifugation. The final product will then be a green and dense liquid, serving as a lovely, natural carrier oil.
Avocado oil is particularly new compared to the existence of the fruit, which dated thousands of years ago. This carrier oil resulted in the farmers' desire to find ways to utilise the scarred and blemished fruit that could not be sold in the market during the 20th century, in which lubrication and cosmetics were the primary uses of the natural oil as it was inedible. Avocado oil has gained popularity in recent years as its benefits, high smoke point, and adaptability became more widely advertised in cosmetic products.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE USING AVOCADO OIL IN YOUR HAIR, SKIN AND FACE
You may have heard of food-grade avocado oil used in culinary as a substitute for olive oil. However, this natural oil also has a cosmetic variant intended for the skin and hair. You can choose to use it directly or as a carrier oil. To provide you with more insight as to why you should use this carrier oil, the following are the benefits you can receive from it:
AVOCADO OIL MOISTURISES, NOURISHES THE SKIN
Avocado oil moisturises, hydrates and nourishes the skin due to its high fatty acid and vitamin E content. It alleviates skin irritation and flaking. This carrier oil's nutrient contents help retain moisture, allow high absorption, and deeply nourish the skin. Moreover, avocado oil cares for chapped lips and dry, flaky skin. It also aids in soothing and preventing dry, brittle nails, promoting nail health. Avocado oil's antibacterial and antioxidant properties aid in the manufacture of collagen, which is essential for tissue repair. As a result, it treats inflammations and promotes the growth of new skin. You can also treat acne, blackheads, psoriasis, and eczema by applying this carrier oil perpetually.
AVOCADO OIL PROTECTS AND SOOTHES THE SKIN
Did you know that you can mix avocado oil into your everyday sunscreen for an extra layer of protection against UV radiation? Yes, you heard it right. This carrier oil can offer your skin a much-needed protective barrier due to its anti-inflammatory qualities and mono-saturated fat components. Plus, it can soothe and protect your skin. You can now say goodbye to damaged, itchy, and irritable skin the moment you use this amazing natural oil.
AVOCADO OIL COMBATS SIGNS OF AGEING
Although no one could escape skin maturity, at least you can still slow it down. Thankfully, you can delay signs of ageing naturally by using avocado oil straight on your skin or infusing it into your favourite skincare brand. This carrier oil has properties that aid in collagen formation, which is responsible for the suppleness and flexibility of your skin.
Avocado oil's anti-inflammatory characteristics result in a variety of skin advantages. It is a true skincare winner in tackling early symptoms of aging. This carrier oil deeply moisturises and provides antioxidant properties to the skin, thus minimising wrinkles and other early indications of aging.
AVOCADO OIL NOURISHES THE HAIR
Avocado oil does not restrict itself from nourishing your hair, but it keeps your scalp well-hydrated and healthier. To enumerate further, here are hair benefits you can get from this incredible carrier oil:
- Minimises dandruff: Avocado oil applied to the scalp aids in dandruff reduction. It is perfect for people who experience dryness or flakiness. Use this carrier oil before washing your hair to moisturise the scalp, and keep it from peeling.
- Detangles hair: You probably know how annoying it is when your strands feel as if they are wrestling with each other, right? Use avocado oil to combat this dilemma. Gently comb through your tangled locks with a wide-toothed comb until it begins to unknot. You can also prevent hair tangling by placing a small amount of oil on your fingers and applying it to the ends of your hair.
- Obviates breakage: Applying avocado oil to your hair tips assists in breakage prevention by moisturising your strands. You can either use a comb, hairbrush or your hands to apply the carrier oil. It will also help if you avoid using elastic bands, tying up your hair too tightly, bleaching, relaxers, and the like, as they can cause damage to your roots and strands.
- Hair damage protection: Exposure to pollution, sunshine, ocean, and chlorine is quite challenging to avoid, even impossible. However, you can protect your hair from these variables by using avocado oil. This carrier oil helps protect your tresses from the impacts of environmental degradation. You can place a small amount of the natural oil on your hair before swimming or sunbathing.
APPLY AVOCADO OIL TO YOUR SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS
There are ample ways to utilise this natural oil in your skincare and haircare routine. If you are not sure where to start, let this list of avocado oil applications help you out:
- Direct application: Massage a good amount of avocado oil into your skin after bathing. You can also soak your hair with the oil. Cover your hair in plastic wrap or a disposable shower cap. Depending on how damaged and dry your hair is, leave it on for 15–30 minutes. After that, rinse thoroughly, use shampoo, and condition. It only takes a matter of minutes to feel that baby-soft skin, so go ahead and try this carrier oil out!
- Blend it with your favourite brands: You can use the carrier oil by itself or add a few drops to one of your everyday body lotions and other skincare goods.
- Nail cuticle oil: Your nails need care as much as the other parts of your body. Thus, blending avocado oil and vitamin E oil is all you need to treat your cuticles. Combine the ingredients and apply them to your cuticles. You do this at night before you sleep, and you can also rub your feet and heels while you are at it. You will see a remarkable difference if you continually apply this carrier oil to your nails. The best part is that you do not have to buy expensive brands to experience the treatment your nails deserve!
- Bath treatment: Add a few drops of this carrier oil and essential oil of your preference into the bathwater. You can also add the mixture to your shower gel.
- Facial oil: Use a small bottle and fill 2/3 of it with avocado oil. Fill the remaining with another nutrient oil, such as jojoba oil. Add three to four droplets of your preferred essential oil, such as lavender for dry skin, clary sage for oily skin, sandalwood for sensitive skin, lemon for acne-prone skin, myrrh for mature skin, and ylang ylang for pigmented skin. Twist the cap and shake vigorously. Pour a small amount of your natural facial oil into the palm of your hand, then dab your fingers into it and apply it to your face. You can also use the oil to hydrate your hands. If you store the container out of direct sunlight, the oil can last up to a year.
- Hair treatment: If you want to pamper your hair with minimal ingredients, use avocado oil and coconut oil. Next, boil water using a saucepan and combine both carrier oils in a glass container like a jar (3 to 5 tablespoons each, depending on your hair's length). You can also add a few drops of essential oil for an added boost. Put the container in the boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Then apply to your freshly washed hair and cover with a warm towel for 20 minutes. Remember to test the temperature on your wrist first to avoid burns, and use warm water to rinse it off. Try out this carrier oil to witness your hair transform into gorgeous-looking locks.
- Conditioner: With the powers of avocado oil, you can use it as an intensive conditioner after washing the hair with shampoo. Place a small amount of the natural oil on your fingertips, then apply and massage it to your hair, from the roots to the tips. After, rinse away with warm water. This carrier oil is helpful for people with dry or damaged hair.
- Other applications: You can also infuse this carrier oil into soaps, lotions, hair puddings, blushes, cleansing oils, balms, eye creams, and a lot more. This natural oil is well-rounded and super beneficial to your skin and hair. This is the moment to grab yours now!
TRY BLENDING OTHER CARRIER OILS WITH AVOCADO OIL:
Avocado oil is a carrier oil itself, with the responsibility of diluting highly-concentrated raw ingredients such as essential oils and "carries" the oils to your skin. However, can you mix other carrier oils with this natural oil? Yes, you can blend them and experiment until you find the perfect mixture for you! Let this section serve as your reference to know what benefits you can create when blending avocado oil with different carrier oils:
- Avocado + sunflower = Moisturising, anti-ageing, softening, conditioning, brightening, clarifying, antioxidant, anti-bacterial.
- Avocado + jojoba = Hydrating, cooling, lubricating, antioxidant, anti-ageing, anti-inflammatory, softening, antibacterial, emollient, moisturising.
- Avocado + coconut = Soothing, hydrating, lubricating, emollient, moisturising, anti-ageing, cooling.
- Avocado + sweet almond = Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, rejuvenating, nourishing, emollient, moisturising, anti-ageing.
- Avocado + grapeseed = Anti-ageing, antibacterial, moisturising, emollient, astringent, antioxidant.
- Avocado + hemp seed = Regenerative, antioxidant, moisturising, anti-ageing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory.
- Avocado + castor = Moisturising, anti-ageing, antioxidant, softening, anti-inflammatory, soothing, antibacterial, strengthening.
BLEND OTHER NATURAL INGREDIENTS WITH AVOCADO OIL AND SEE THE MAGIC ON YOUR SKIN AND HAIR!
After choosing the perfect carrier oil to blend with avocado oil, you can add more ingredients to your homemade self-care product to maximise benefits. You can start with this list of natural goodies:
- Candelilla wax
- Vitamin E oil
- Vitamin C powder
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
- Kaolin clay powder
- Aloe vera juice
- Natural glycerin
- St. John’s Wort oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
Precautions: Note that avocado oil may not have the same impact from one skin to another. Therefore, it is essential to conduct a skin patch test before using this carrier oil or any new product to check for unwanted reactions or allergies. You can also consult your dermatologist for more assurance. If side effects may arise, discontinue use immediately.
Avocado oil’s applications and benefits are far from limited, hence its popularity. If you are new to the terrene of this carrier oil but love eating the green, delightful fruit, you will also love it as soon as you apply it to your skin and hair! This carrier oil does not shy away from its superiority, and it carries a good impact on your skin and hair as you regularly utilise it. Do not let yourself wait and buy now!
WHERE TO BUY AVOCADO OIL ONLINE IN AUSTRALIA?
Whether you want top-quality or affordable avocado oil, N-Essentials has it all! Not only that, but we also offer wholesale oils and raw ingredients aimed to fulfil your needs. Furthermore, we provide informative weekly blogs and essential perks to our valued customers. With that said, feel free to visit our online store and browse through plenty of noteworthy items. Seize this moment and acquire exquisite avocado oil from us now to start crafting your custom-made skincare and haircare products!