Taking time out from your hectic schedule with a good massage is a great way to treat yourself, just like pampering your skin and hair. One of the ways you could amp it up is by using quality aromatherapy oils and massage oils! Read further to find out more.
THE BEAUTY OF AROMATHERAPY OILS AND MASSAGE OILS
A typical massage session frequently includes aromatherapy as an extra service. During a massage, the therapist may use aromatherapy oils to scent the space or mix them with massage oils, usually carrier oils, and apply it straight to the skin. Let us discover several benefits you can get from aromatherapy oils and massage oils.
SKIN AND HAIR BENEFITS OF MASSAGE OILS AND AROMATHERAPY OILS
Aside from their main purpose, aromatherapy oils and massage oils can also provide desirable skin and hair perks. Depending on the oil type being used, you can acquire benefits such as clearing dead skin cells, dirt and grime removal, and skin complexion improvement. Some may even give you glowing, vibrant, moisturised and cleaner-looking skin. It can also help slow down indications of ageing, such as wrinkles and fine lines, and combat pimple outbreaks.
Furthermore, using these oils can be beneficial to your hair and scalp. By incorporating these nourishing oils into your haircare routine, you can remove dandruff and reduce the appearance of flyaways and frizz.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST OIL FOR AROMATHERAPY MASSAGE?
Selecting the perfect oil to use in aromatherapy massage will depend on your purpose. Identify your reason for going through a massage session and opt for oils with specific qualities that fulfil the purpose. Moreover, choosing a scent that you like can help boost the overall experience. You can choose from floral, woody, citrus, fruity, and fresh aromas, whichever you prefer.
TOP AROMATHERAPY OILS
If you are still unsure what essential oil to pick for aromatherapy, this list of top oils and their scent may help you out:
- Peppermint essential oil – intensely minty
- Tea tree essential oil – fresh, woody, earthy and herbaceous
- Lavender essential oil – floral, fresh, herbaceous and sweet
- Eucalyptus essential oil – minty and camphor-like
- Lemon essential oil – sweet and citrusy
- Cedarwood essential oil – woodsy
- Chamomile essential oil – (Roman Chamomile) sweet and apple-like, ( German Chamomile) sweet, warm and herbaceous
- Cinnamon leaf essential oil – spicy and sweet
- Ginger essential oil – strong, warm and spicy
- Juniper essential oil – clean, woody and spicy
- Patchouli essential oil – woody, sweet and spicy
- Rose geranium essential oil – floral
- Sandalwood essential oil – fresh and woody
- Ylang Ylang essential oil – sweet and floral
TOP MASSAGE OILS
There are various kinds of massage oils for different skin types. Therefore, it is essential to experiment with several oils to see which ones suit you the most.
- Relaxing essential oil blend
- Sweet almond oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Cocoa butter
- Avocado oil
- Grapeseed oil
- [K21] Wheatgerm oil
- Shea butter
HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS FOR AROMATHERAPY MASSAGES
- Choose the perfect scent for your aromatherapy oils that suit the purpose of the massage
- Blend essential oils with carrier oils
- Apply the prepared massage oil on the palm of your hand
- Rub hands together to warm the oil
- Massage and enjoy the aromatherapy and its benefits
TIPS FOR USING MASSAGE OILS
- Do not go to a massage appointment with a full stomach. During the session, this can make you feel ill.
- Consume lukewarm water before and after a massage.
- Never get in the shower right after getting a massage. Instead, leave the massage oils on for a few hours to allow deep absorption into your skin.
- Diffuse a few of your preferred aromatherapy oils to enhance the entire massage session.
Precaution: Aromatherapy oils and massage oils are for external use only. Carry out a patch test to prevent allergies and other skin reactions.
Giving yourself a break from all the daily activities can be really rewarding, especially when you treat yourself with an aromatherapy massage. Thus, ending the week by indulging in a blissful massage session with these oils is the perfect way to go!
WHERE TO BUY MASSAGE OILS AND AROMATHERAPY OILS
N-Essentials offers the highest quality aromatherapy oils and massage oils accessible online! Our oils are undoubtedly one of the best ingredients for aromatherapy, massages, cosmetics and other personal care products, making every purchase worth it. Buy from us now!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our aromatherapy oils, massage oils and other products.