Buy Organic Soapnuts Online in Australia
Economical, easy to use and effective
Botanic Name: Sapindus Mukorossi Shells Cultivated wild in the Himalayas and widely used for centuries in Nepal, India and China, soap nuts are a 100% natural cleaner rich in saponins – a surfactant that removes dirt and stains from fabrics. Not actually a nut, but in fact a browny, orange berry, soapnuts are hand opened to remove the seed and then sundried. In addition to being used as a laundry detergent they can also be used as a shampoo additive, a carpet and upholstery cleaner and as a hand cleansing agent.
Benefits of using Organic Soapnuts
Soap nuts are hypoallergenic and antibacterial. They are an economical, easy to use and effective alternative to commercial detergents and laundry products. Soap nuts are biodegradable and completely safe for greywater and septic systems. Our soap nut products are vegan and not tested on animals, making them a popular choice for people who prefer ethically responsible options.
How to use:
- Place 2-6 whole soapnut shells in a wash net (stockings or laundry nets can be used)
- Place in the machine drum with your washing
- The number of shells needed will depend on the size of your load of washing or how heavily soiled your clothes are - the larger the size or the more soiled the clothes are, the more shells are needed
- The soapnuts do not need to be removed during the rinse cycle as there are no harmful substances left over
- About 50g of soapnuts will be enough for approximately 20-40 loads of laundry equivalent to a month's worth of washing